Monday, June 27, 2011

so... 40 SUCKS! lol

Tonight was a friend (Shirley) from Church surprise 40th birthday party. No gifts required but gag gifts acceptable. So I FINALLY got to make the 40 Sucks bouquet I saw a year ago online. (I wish I could remember where I saw it so I could link back to it.) But the whole thing cost me less than $5. The 'pot' was from some gourmet popcorn we had bought at Costco at Easter that I covered in paper. I bought 2 packages of suckers (because I had to have 40 lol) and a package of straws at the dollar store. I had the florist tape, and floral 'foam'(not sure what exactly it's called but it disintegrated fast from touching it)

My boys helped me wrap the straws in floral tape, then I poked them into the foam. Cut the flowers out on my Cricut, poked the sucker stick in the middle then into the top of the straw. I love the way it turned out.


Close up of sucker flowers

No comments: