I had gotten these 2 David Stark Topiary's from work during the holiday's (for free). They've been in the trunk of my car for months. I figured they would be perfect.
So I went to Walmart and bought a can of spray paint to try to cover a little of the newsprint. It didnt cover completely, it seemed to soak right in. But I still think it looked ok.
I had cupcake liners (reg and mini sized), but they were white. Since they were white they looked too much like, well, a cupcake liner.. So I used 2 different glimmer mists on them to make them different shades of pink, and attached them to the ball part of the topiary.
Then I used yellow glimmer mist on paper and cut out circles to use as centers.
Here's the completed project. (and it only cost me $2.50 for the paint)